News and media
- Neukermans, G. Impact of climate change on coccolithophore blooms and their role in sinking carbon in the subpolar oceans. Max Planck Institute for Chemistry, Department of Climate Geochemistry, Mainz, Germany, 14 August 2019. Invited by R. Schiebel.
- Neukermans, G. Optical properties and remote sensing of coccolithophores: recent advances and selected applications in biogeochemistry and climate. International Ocean Colour Science Meeting, 9-12 April 2019, Busan, South-Korea. Keynote talk, invited by C. Wilson, chair of the International Ocean Colour Coordinating Group (IOCCG). [Presentation Slides]
- Neukermans, G., Terrats, L., and Claustre, H. Carbon export from coccolithophore blooms: a synergetic approach using BGC-Argo floats and ocean colour satellite data. International BGC-Argo workshop, 6-8 November 2018, University of Tasmania, Hobart, Australia. Invited by P. Boyd.
- Claustre, H. and Neukermans, G. The Biogeochemical-Argo network: European and French perspectives and the SOCLIM (Southern Ocean and Climate) project. International BGC-Argo workshop, 6-8 November 2018, University of Tasmania, Hobart, Australia. Invited by P. Boyd.
- Neukermans, G. Impact of climate change on blooms of the coccolithophore E. huxleyi and their role in sinking carbon in the Subarctic Ocean. GEOMAR, Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research in Kiel, Germany, 14 May 2018. Invited by U. Riebesell and L. Bach.
- Neukermans, G. Impact of climate change on Emiliania huxleyi blooms and their role in sinking carbon in the Subarctic Ocean. ACRI ST Group, Sophia-Antipolis, France, 17 April 2018. Invited by O. Fanton d’Andon and A. Mangin.
- Neukermans, G., and Babin, M. Borealization of phytoplankton blooms in the Arctic Ocean’s inflow shelves, Guest lecture, National Institute of Biology, Piran, Slovenia, 27 October 2017. Invited by T. Tinta [Video]
- Neukermans, G., and Babin, M. Footprints of Atlantification and Pacification on phytoplankton blooms in the Bering and Barents Seas, 4th pan-Arctic research symposium, Motovun, Croatia, 20-26 October 2017. Invited by P. Wassmann.
- Neukermans, G., E. Devred, and Babin, M. Phytoplankton blooms in an Atlantifying Barents Sea. 8 March 2016, Laboratoire d’Océanographie de Villefranche-sur-Mer, France. Invited by H. Claustre.
- Neukermans, G., R. A. Reynolds, and Stramski, D. Optical differentiation of ecological regimes in the Arctic Ocean. Université Laval, Québec Océan Science Seminar, 17 June 2014, Québec, Canada. Invited by M. Babin.
- Neukermans, G., Loisel, H., Mériaux, X., McKee, D., and R. Astoreca. Variability of mass specific beam attenuation and backscattering of marine particles: the role of particle size, density, and composition. Optical Processes Symposium workshop, NATO Center for Maritime Research and Experimentation, 29-31 March 2011, La Spezia, Italy. Invited by C. Trees.
- Neukermans, G., Nechad, B., and K. Ruddick. Optical remote sensing of coastal waters from geostationary platforms: Mapping suspended matter with SEVIRI. Laboratoire d’Océanographie de Villefranche-sur-Mer, France, 30 January 2009. Invited by D. Antoine.